26.6.15

Weekend // Eating and Drinking in Manchester

I went to Manchester a couple of weekends ago and thought I would share with you all the nice places we went to eat, all the below I would highly recommend going to if you are from Manchester or if you are going to visit.

Rosso's - Owned by Rio Ferdernand, it has an award for the best premium dining venue in Manchester. It is Italian but fine dining and we like to go at lunch times because they have a lunchtime menu on where it is £14.95 each with a bottle of wine for £9.95. I have always had a superb meal and this time was no exception. The food looks really simple but it is just so tasty.
INSALATA GRECA


GRIGLIATA DI POLLO

Bar ad Grill - I loved this place they have a glass heated balcony with sofa seated tables and lovely green climbing plants. The staff were so helpful and a delight to be served by. I drank quite a few cocktails this night and my Step dad almost got a parking ticket. We decided as there was only half an hour left on the parking meter till you didn't have to pay that we would just wait and look down from the balcony at the car. Just pay it its easier...
I think this really is lovely night out sitting under he heaters and relaxing, such a good place to go you feel like you are really well looked after and they help with choosing the best things to eat!

CHICKEN SKEWERS

SLOW COOKED FREE RANGE PULLED PORK






Las Iguanas - I think this chain restaurant is fab, I love Mexican type foods anyway, think its one of my favourites. This is a Latin American one and the food is so tasty literally can go in every time and not be disappointed.  I got a free glass of rose as it was my birthday! 

NACHOS

CHICKEN BURRITO


Vermilion - This restaurant is near the city ground in Manchester, it is in such an odd place that I reckon unless you got told about it you wouldn't even know it was there. This is a Thai restaurant, now Thai food is my absolute favourite but only when it is done right. (the amount of times I go to places that have it on the menu and it just isn't even worth looking at - usually watery and has no flavour at all!) I definitely judge Thai food on my dads finance's Green Thai curry's. They are hands down gorgeous I think she needs to open up her own restaurant as she is an amazing cook and an amazing baker.

Anyway back to Vermilion... I have been here a few times before and always loved it so much, this time I went we chose a set meal called 'The Thai Himmaphan' as my mum thought it would be easier. It had a Thai curry on there so I want too fussed. However, what I do not do is fish and Thai food has a lot of fish in it so I just avoided the fish and went for the meat dishes but I am proud of myself for trying this huge ass prawn thing. It was grim..

I ordered cocktails for most of the night I think my favourite of all was the raspberry Mojito it was so good! After we had ate we went up to the top floor where they have a bar with cool cocoons that people can hire out for party's and things and you sit or lie in them. It is such a great idea and the place is pretty buzzing.

This place even has a Thai cooking school as well can't really get any better than that I think this is something I would love to try!

CINNABAR CRUSH
SOM TAM KOONG

TOM YAM KHOONG

SAMED ON THE BEACH

RASPBERRY MOJITO

CINNABAR COCOON'S

CHICKEN SATAY & POR PIA THOD


These are some of the places I like to go to in Manchester when I am home, Tell me what you think about them or if you have ever been.

Robyn xo


No comments:

Post a Comment