23.6.15

Beauty // Nail Health


It is probably quite hypocritical for me to write this post as my nails are not in the best health at all, but I have recently been researching and trying to find ways to help them get stronger, brighter and grow faster. I have just had my acrylic nails taken off and I find that these really weaken my nails and they become extremely thin even the girl in the salon wouldn't let me have any more on she said I needed to get some sun on them to strengthen them up.



I have bought Nail envy from Opi to strengthen them and I have got Avoplex nail and cuticle replenishing oil also from Opi. You can get these HERE. I am hoping that these two products might just help out my nails so I can get some new acrylics on for my holiday in July.

Here are some Nail Tips:

- Emery boards and nail clippers create small fractures in your nails when used, they are the first steps towards nail breakage. An alternative is to use a crystal nail file they last forever and are more gentle on your nail turning the edge of your nail into dust which strengthens your nails. Click here for an Opi one.

- Don't cut your cuticles off, I don't know if you have ever had this done or not but when you go to get your nails done in a salon they sometimes cut your cuticle bed off and this opens up your nails to infections and means that they have no protection.

- Make sure you keep moisturising your nail/ cuticle beds daily this really helps bring health and strength back to your nails.

- Avoid acetone based nail polish removers, you need this nail polish remover for gel polish and home removal of acrylics but other than that avoid it as it just makes your nails really brittle.

- Use some home remedies to bring back nail health like rubbing coconut oil on your nails it contains important nutrients to keep your nails strong.

- Have biotin, also known as vitamin H, It encourages the growth of nails and hair. You can find it in eggs, strawberry's, walnuts, almonds and salmon as well as many other things.


I hope you liked this post, let me know.

Thanks Robyn xo

No comments:

Post a Comment