13.10.15

Discovering Japan

Not to sound ungrateful for how lucky I have been over the years with going on holiday but I wanted to do something different go somewhere and actually experience the culture of where I was going.

 I have been to so many places where I just go to a nice hotel somewhere hot and lay in the sun all day. Now don't get me wrong I adore that kind of relaxed don't have do anything holiday. I just felt like we go to all these places and we might as well be in a lovely hotel in Spain regardless of where we are because we never explore outside the hotel walls!


I took so many pictures and you are probably just going to get bored of looking at shrine after temple after shrine so I guess I will just add in a few pictures so you can get a feel for what my holiday was about.

Mount Fuji 

We stayed in the Mandarin Oriental  hotel whilst in Tokyo which was just so amazing the rooms were too amazing to put into words. For the first couple of days we did organised trips to a number of different shrines and temples and even went up Mount Fuji.

We went to Disneyland Tokyo for Francesca .. was so funny because we sat down on the parade route for about an hour and a half just waiting for the Frozen parade to come through as Fran adores it but when it came round they were singing in Japanese. We had not even thought about it I guess we were just expecting it it be English!! You will never guess what i took my camera and went to take a photo but I hadn't even got a photo card in there so I just had to carry the huge thing around all day which was not ideal! Luckily I managed to take a few photos on my iPhone.
My Mum and myself really wanted to go skiing whilst we were in Japan as it was not too far away on the bullet train and is suppose to be an amazing place to ski, Philip was not best pleased as he generally doesn't like skiing at all and my mum forces it upon him. 

We then went over to Kyoto for a couple of days this is the old capital of Japan which is suppose to be one of the more traditional places of Japan you would see women walking around in Kimonos which you don't really see in Tokyo. We stayed in the Ritz Carlton which was another amazing hotel right by the river side.


I found this warning sign funnier than I should have done!
In Kyoto the women were wearing very traditional clothing and they looked amazing!


The funniest part of the holiday was when we went to a Japanese karaoke bar, I thought it was going to be just a normal bar with a stage where people get up and sing... but no you walk in and get your own room you pay for the amount of time you want to be in there for and you get your own screen with two microphones. 

As Francesca was only 3 at the time we were struggling to find songs she knew the worlds to, we ended up singing Frozen songs for about 2 hours long! She had a huge paddy though because apparently she could not hear herself sing because we were too loud.

I would put up the video but my singing would hurt your ears!

Thanks for reading 
Robyn xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment