23.4.15

Easter Weekend


My dad came down to Essex from Manchester to see me for Easter weekend with his girlfriend Sheila, it was so great to see them as I don't often get the time to travel home. Do you ever find that when you organise a weekend to see people you never normally see that everything is organised around when you are going to eat? I feel like these planned weekends you just eat so much food. Sheila brought with her the most gorgeous handmade flower table centre, she is practising flower arranging and I think she is doing amazingly well. 





On Easter Sunday we spent the day sight-seeing and generally wandering around London ending up in Shoreditch..  Last time we were in Shoreditch it was with my brother and we ate at  The Red Dog Saloon in Hoxton square which my Dad would tell you was a great meal. It was there we noticed that across the square was an intriguing Restaurant called Bill’s. It had steps leading up to a black canopied doorway it had a New Yorkesque feel about it. We decided that next time we visit we would go there….. so we did.





I liked the quirky interior, it was quite open plan and large windows and a trendy warehouse feel to it and  I also liked the way they presented their food differently. Unfortunately, I think it must have been a bad day for them as we were kept waiting for our order for an awfully long time. They apologised advising they dropped my dads burger on the floor and that it would take a further 5 minutes….. Twenty minutes later it was finally on the table. They did bring  over a spiced tortilla chips appetiser to apologise and removed a round of drinks from the Bill. However, that turned in to a bitter sweet gesture when we noticed the service charge was bumped to 12% ..  Saying all that,  it is a place I would revisit as the food was good and hope that the speed of service was a one off thing due to it being a Bank Holiday.




We then went over to Brick Lane market and then to Columbia Road flower market which was amazing my dad got me some beautiful baby pink avalanche roses.






On the Monday we went to  meet my brother at a quaint pub called The Three Tuns in Ashwell. It was halfway between where we both live and an hour in to the journey home for Dad. The burger I ate was very tasty. (Yes, more food !!) and I was impressed with the lovely gardens which were made all the more pleasant as it was a perfect sunny day. 





What did you do on the Easter weekend?


Robyn xo

No comments:

Post a Comment