13.7.14

Malaga // Hotel and City Review

Travelling is one of my favourite things to do. So when my mum asked if I wanted to go along on a four day trip to Malaga to help babysit Francesca my three year old sister, I jumped at the chance to have a few days off work and get to see a new place. We go to Spain quite a lot (my stepdad owns a company out there), I have been to various different locations but I had never actually been to Malaga's old town.  

 
We stayed in the vincci seleccion posada del Patio 5*, it was a definitely a short stay hotel I couldn't imagine staying longer than 4 days, but it was friendly enough. I was rather gutted about the lack of a spa/salon and the gym was very limited, (this was my excuse to why the gym clothes never stepped foot out of my wardrobe). However, the rooms and pool were a good standard what you would expect from a nice city hotel. The breakfast was good, if your not bothered about your weight that is, they had a pot of melted chocolate with marshmallows and fruit. Francesca wouldn't eat anything else after she had seen it.  My bed was so comfy I slept well the whole time, I did have to wake up a couple of times in the night though to turn off the air con because I forgot to before I went to bed. I'm forgetful like that, I never learn... that's what my boyfriend says to me.

I had nice look around the shops the buildings there are so pretty. I love going away and buying clothes and people are like 'where did you get that?' and you say 'oh I got it on holiday'. Its nice to have something different apart from the same old high street brands, where everyone you know has that same top in various different colours.
I think Francesca had a nice day too she loves modelling for the camera so she was a happy little bunny.








I got dragged to the food market, I hate the fish parts I just cant stand the smell, Francesca was going round touching all the fish it was a bit of a drama. They have the best selection of fruits and the cherry's are huge!








We went to a restaurant called El Patio - Bodega the food was excellent, the best food there. I'd say there was a proper Spanish feel to the place the paella was gorgeous. We had ice creams and a lovely walk around the whole town. I forgot to take a nice picture of the food, so you'll have to take my word for it that it is delicious.



I love graffiti and whilst wondering we saw a tag of a monkey in sunglasses on two separate sides of the town. I loved them so I had to take a photo!




On the last night there we were taken to a club called Sala-Gold by Alex from Telecom2 we went in the VIP area where you had to buy a whole bottle of the spirit of your choice and you got free soft drinks with it. we ended up drinking the whole bottle. After getting back at 4 am Francesca decided to wake me up at 9 am and tell me to 'get up now its morning time bobbin' (that's her nickname for me) I had a banging headache that's safe to say.

what do you think about Malaga, have you ever been? would you go?

Robyn xo

No comments:

Post a Comment